Friday, April 10, 2009

Maundy Thursday

We did our first Maundy Thursday service in The Bridge style of worship last night, and I don't think I've ever been to a more meaningful Maundy Thursday service...or maybe another Bridge service.

Don't get me wrong, I love our upbeat tempo our unpredictability and the style that we choose, but last night the music was worshipful, yet soft. The sermon was interactive and hopefully powerful, yet solemn. It was just a powerful service for me as we slow down and think about holy week and the great gifts and sacrifices that God has given for us. It was a sacred moment.

Don't forget to check out Stations of the Cross at 3:30-7:30 in the quad room, and Good Friday service in Celebration Hall at 7:30pm.

1 comment:

  1. The service was a unique (in a very good way) worship service. Thank you for all the time, thought, and effort that went into planning and running the service.

    ReplyDelete